Grange Resources Tasmania is on the lookout for a Auto Electricians to join our operation in Savage River.
Exciting opportunity for Auto Electricians to join our Mobile Maintenance Team at Savage River.
This position performs preventative and breakdown maintenance services to our mobile mining fleet.
Our mobile mining fleet comprises Caterpillar Haul Trucks (777, 785, 789), Graders, D10T Dozers, Hitachi/CAT Excavator/Shovels and Sandvik/Epiroc Copco drill rigs.
This role is based out of Tasmania and will require relocation for our interstate-based candidates.
On-site accommodation, messing, and recreational facilities are provided.
Hourly wage rate range: $55.39 - $61.38
Roster: 7/7 rotating shift roster
Day to day
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Perform general servicing, repair and maintenance on mobile mining equipment
- Conduct required inspections to maximise equipment utilisation
- Troubleshoot and resolve faults and carry out preventative maintenance
- Utilising reference manuals, technical bulletins, and OEM to source technical information
- Assisting in continuous improvement and process development projects
Who you are
To be successful in this role you have:
- Trade Qualification – Auto Electrical or Dual Trade
- Based in Tasmania or willing to relocate
- Demonstrable experience with maintaining heavy mobile mining equipment
- Proven diagnostic and fault-finding skills
- Air-conditioning licence
- Current full manual driver's licence
- Strong computer skills, including competency in using OEM diagnostics tooling
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
Who we are
We're Grange Resources, Australia's oldest and most experienced magnetite producer - combining both mining and pellet production expertise. Based in northwest Tasmania, we own and operate Australia's largest integrated iron ore mining and pellet production business.
Grange holds long term supply contracts for one million tonnes of its annual production and offers the balance of its production to market via a spot sales tendering/contracting process.
The Savage River magnetite iron ore mine is a long-life mining asset where ore is mined and processed before it is transported by pipeline to Grange's pellet plant and ship loading facility at Port Latta.
The Savage River worksite is only an hour and half drive away from the vibrant coastal towns of north-west Tasmania, which offers a fantastic regional lifestyle and is only an hour’s flight from Melbourne with regular services from airports at Burnie, Devonport and Launceston.
At Grange Resources Tasmania, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our productivity, and our community. Grange Resources Tasmania is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, genetic information, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity or expression. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.