Grange Resources Tasmania is on the lookout for a Diesel Mechanics to join our operation in Savage River.
Be part of a highly skilled team performing planned and breakdown maintenance to our mobile mining fleet.
Our mobile mining fleet comprises Caterpillar Haul Trucks (777,785,789), Graders, D10T Dozers, Hitachi/CAT Excavators/Shovels and Sandvik/Epiroc drill rigs.
This role is based out of Tasmania and will require relocation for our interstate-based candidates.
On-site accommodation, messing, and recreational facilities are provided.
Day to day
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work on a 7/7 rotating shift roster.
- Performing servicing, repair, and maintenance on our Mobile mining equipment.
- Fault finding – inspection, identifying, and diagnosis of mechanical malfunctions.
- Completing maintenance, breakdowns, repairs and component changeout to a high standard and as per maintenance strategies.
- Utilising reference manuals, technical bulletins, and OEM to source technical information.
- Assisting in continuous improvement and process development projects.
Who you are
To be successful in this role you have:
- Trade Qualification (Diesel Fitting, Auto Electrician, Fitter and Machinist, Mechanic or relevant).
- Prior experience or desire to work in a mining environment.
- A current full manual driver's licence.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Prior experience working on heavy mobile machinery, including Caterpillar, Hitachi, and Epiroc, will be advantageous.
Who we are
We're Grange Resources, Australia's oldest and most experienced magnetite producer - combining both mining and pellet production expertise. Based in northwest Tasmania, we own and operate Australia's largest integrated iron ore mining and pellet production business.
Grange holds long term supply contracts for one million tonnes of its annual production and offers the balance of its production to market via a spot sales tendering/contracting process.
The Savage River magnetite iron ore mine is a long-life mining asset where ore is mined and processed before it is transported by pipeline to Grange's pellet plant and ship loading facility at Port Latta.
The Savage River worksite is only an hour and half drive away from the vibrant coastal towns of north-west Tasmania, which offers a fantastic regional lifestyle and is only an hour’s flight from Melbourne with regular services from airports at Burnie, Devonport and Launceston.
At Grange Resources Tasmania, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our productivity, and our community. Grange Resources Tasmania is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, genetic information, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity or expression. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
How to Apply
Think you're the Diesel Mechanics we're looking for?
Show us how great you are, provide your details before 09 Mar 2024.Start your application
Your application is reviewed to ensure you're the best fit for Grange.
We want to see you at your best. Here are some pointers to help you prepare.Get some tips
Learn about how we make hiring decisions.Our process